To all our valued customers, partners, vendors, and colleagues:
First and foremost, our thoughts and prayers are with all of you as we navigate the rapidly evolving pandemic the world is currently faced with. Specifically, we are thinking about all of those impacted by the recent shutdowns, as well as anyone who is considered high risk for serious health complications as a result of COVID-19.
We are reaching out to all of our customers and partners, past and present, to let you know what actions we have taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to inform you that we are still operational and available to assist with any of your critical HVAC/mechanical system needs.
Actions We Have Taken
Sander Mechanical has always been committed to ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of our clients and employees. Our management team is closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus recommendations from the CDC and WHO, as well as local and state agencies as this rapidly evolving situation unfolds. While we must continue operations, due to the nature of our business, we want our clients to feel confident and safe with our services. We also want to be proactive in the prevention of spreading the COVID-19 virus. To that end, Sander Mechanical will continue to take precautions as necessary to keep you and our employees safe during this time. Acting on the guidance from the CDC, local health officials, and the protocols issued by the United Association (UA) of Plumbers, Pipefitters, Steamfitters, and Service Techs, we have implemented the following proactive measures for all of our office staff, service technicians and field installers:
- Social distancing – Avoid direct social contact where possible. Otherwise, maintain a minimum distance of 6-feet from others and refrain from attending gatherings of more than 10 people.
- Avoid physical contact when greeting or parting (i.e. utilize a wave or nod in lieu of handshakes).
- Avoid touching your face, including eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Stay away from someone who is exhibiting flu-like symptoms. Remove yourself from a job site, if you think your health or safety are at risk.
- If you are sick, stay home! If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care.
- If you or a person in your home has been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, let your supervisor know immediately.
- Only team members that are asymptomatic are permitted to visit the office or work in the field. All team members who can work remotely have been setup to do so.
- If you or your co-workers/employees are sick with flu-like symptoms and we are scheduled to do work inside your business during this time, we would ask you to call us and reschedule.
- We are committed to working closely with our clients to complete questionnaires, forms, and any other special requests in order to support their own COVID-19 protocols and guidelines.
- Our technicians and sales staff reserve the right to remove themselves from any unsafe situation; this now includes contact with someone who has flu-like symptoms.
How We Can Help
When and where we can safely do so, our team is still providing installation, preventative, and emergency service to our clients. Many of our clients have also called on us for air purification and air filtration assistance to ensure improved Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) at their buildings:
- Additional filter changes / upgrades to HEPA filtration
- Installation of air scrubbers, ionizers, and/or UV lights to kill contaminants
- Additional coil cleanings
Please note that we do not assert that any of the above offerings will necessarily be effective against the spread of the coronavirus, but they can help to maintain a cleaner and more comfortable indoor environment. If any of these services are needed for your business, or if you require assistance in keeping a facility that provides “essential services” mechanically operational, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
While we are unsure of what the immediate future holds, we will continue to be here (as able) to assist with your HVAC and mechanical service needs.
Thank you for your cooperation and continued support during this time.
The Sander Mechanical Service Team