NJ Direct Install Program - Utility incentive pays 80% of your energy efficiency upgrade!
Sometimes, the most challenging part of improving energy efficiency and reducing energy costs is knowing where to start and how to move through the process. Created specifically for existing small to mid-sized facilities, NJ Direct Install (a.k.a. Small Business Direct Install or SBDI) is a valuable incentive offering from New Jersey’s gas and electric utility companies. Participating in the NJ Direct Install program provides a turnkey solution that makes it easy and affordable to upgrade old lighting, HVAC, and other outdated operational equipment.
Tailored specifically to the needs of those who operate commercial and institutional buildings with average peak electric demand less than or equal to 200 kW, NJ Direct Install identifies proven measures for reducing your utility costs by replacing inefficient equipment with high-efficiency alternatives. Qualified participants have the benefit of knowing exactly which measures are going to be cost-effective; and (most importantly) Direct Install covers 70% of the retrofit costs, dramatically improving your payback on the project!
This means you’re responsible to pay only 30% of the cost, but you reap 100% of the energy savings for years to come. NJ Direct Install makes a compelling case for replacing old, inefficient HVAC, mechanical, and lighting equipment that may be approaching the end of its useful operating life.
Important Update: As of FY-2022, buildings with peak electric demand less than or equal to 100 kW (Tier 1 customers), non-profit organizations, and those located in an Urban Enterprise Zone or Opportunity Zone may be eligible for up to 80% of the cost of the installed measures!
Applicable Systems & Equipment Under NJ Direct Install Program
The NJ Direct Install program covers a variety of energy conservation measures, including:
- Packaged Rooftop Units
- Split Systems
- Heat Pumps
- Programmable Thermostats
- Electric Lighting
- Lighting Controls
- Domestic Hot Water Heaters
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Economizers & Other HVAC Controls
Benefits of NJ Direct Install
Owners of small to mid-sized buildings in New Jersey have so much to gain.
- Costs to you are minimal – The program pays up to 70% of the project cost for Tier 2 customers, and up to 80% for smaller Tier 1 customers
- Rewards are long term – With incentives so dramatic, your payback can easily amount to less than three years. And your new energy-efficient equipment will provide savings for years to come through reduced utility bills.
- Interest-Free Financing is Available – Qualified applicants can also optionally pay back their remaining balance on the project over a 60 month period with zero-percent interest.
- Complete turnkey process – After you decide to implement the upgrades recommended in your free energy assessment, everything from filing for permits to ordering and installing equipment is taken care of under the program.
As one of New Jersey’s leading commercial mechanical contractors, Sander Mechanical is very excited to help our customers take advantage of NJ Direct Install and other NJ Clean Energy Program (NJCEP) Incentives.
Small to medium sized businesses and local governments in North Jersey and Central Jersey (including Hunterdon County, Warren County, Essex County, Union County, Somerset County, Middlesex County, Mercer County, Monmouth County, Ocean County, Bergen County, Passaic County, Morris County, and Sussex County) can contact Sander to arrange a free energy audit. The energy assessment will identify HVAC equipment and lighting components eligible for replacement under NJ Direct Install.
This program is a great way to help reduce your energy consumption and improve your bottom line!
Contact us today to learn more!